Terms and Conditions
1. A deposit of the amount stated in each tour description is required at the time of booking and must be sent to confirm your place on the tour. The deposit is fully refundable up to 6 months prior to the start of the tour minus any applicable processing fees.
2. The balance of the tour price is due 90 days prior to the departure date. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 90 days or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3.The balance of the tour is non refundable 90 days prior to the start of the workshop.
4. Justin Reznick Photography reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative tour (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Justin Reznick Photography. For the avoidance of doubt, as Justin Reznick Photography is not party to any flight bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of your flight in the event of holiday cancellation. You are referred to clause 12 below.
5. Underbooking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met, and if we have to cancel a tour for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days prior to departure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
6. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in this at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
7. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
8. Where airport/hotel transfers are included in the cost of the tour such transfers are only included when participants travel on the flights specified by us. Participants arriving or departing on different flights will be responsible for their own transfer costs and arrangements. Flight booking is the client’s responsibility and Justin Reznick Photography is not responsible for any expenses, loss or other damage caused to you by the acts or omissions of the carrier. You are referred to clause 12 below.
9. The type of tours I offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and tour description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the tour, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
10. Justin Reznick Photography does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
11. Justin Reznick Photography does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person signed up for a tour.
12. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the tour (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the tour (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas holidays), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
13. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
14. In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or if this is impossible, we will provide you with transport back to the point of departure from your holiday destination, and a pro rata refund for the cost of the remainder of your holiday. In addition, if appropriate, we will pay you compensation of an amount which is reasonable taking into account the circumstances, and which is not covered by the terms of your own travel insurance as per clause 12 above.
15. By paying the deposit, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who pays the deposit does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.